About the Horsefly River Roundtable (HRR)
Our mission is to achieve and maintain healthy Horsefly community watersheds through coordinated management of all resources, respect for all concerns, and taking cooperative, positive action.
Membership consists of individuals who are interested in maintaining a sustainable watershed. We collaborate with federal, provincial and local government, aboriginal groups, industry representatives and all individuals who work and play in our watersheds.
The HRR is A Non-Profit Society incorporated in the province of British Columbia in 2007.
The area of interest represents those connected with the community of Horsefly, and includes the Horsefly River Watershed, and Beaver Valley.
We focus on:
• ecosystem health, including hydrology, fish and fish habitat
• knowledge and appreciation of natural history
• viewscapes and aesthetics
• recreational tubing on the river – pollution, safety
• education of those outside the Roundtable
• water stewardship – quantity and quality
• economic, environmental and social opportunities and issues
• communication with government agencies, industry, and other organizations
• education of the roundtable members
• logging and trucking
• road development and access
• mining, mineral exploration, and placer mine reserve on the Horsefly River
• hydroelectric production
• Cariboo Chilcotin Land Use Plan, Horsefly Sustainable Resource Management Plan
• settlement planning and access
• other plans
Ranching and private land
• erosion issues on the Horsefly and Moffat mainstems